Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Timmy!

In the blink of an eye, my little guy is 5 YEARS OLD. I know everyone says this but seriously, where has the time gone? Just yesterday I was (literally) walking the island for hours on end with a fussy/colicky baby. Now Timmy is a water loving, Lego fanatic, bike riding crazy kid who will start Pre-K in a few short weeks. He's a boy with a crazy imagination, love of dirt, camping, swimming, Lemony Snicket books, and fort building. He dotes on Regan, goofs off and wrestles with Gemma, and loves hugs from mommy.

He and best buddies, Rudy, practically share a birthday. Since they share so many mutual friends, we decided on a joint birthday party. Total blast! BBQ, dragon piñata, super hero cake, and some crazy squirt gun battles. What else could a little boy ask for?
Yep, another homemade piñata this year! Pretty amusing to watch Gemma try and sneak off with some of the candy she was supposed to be filling the piñata with...
 Rudy and Josie come over to help paint. I think the boys "helped" for all of 10 minutes before deciding a squirt gun battle was much more fun. Not that I was all that surprised. Neither Timmy or Rudy cared much for the art projects in preschool...although Timmy did enjoy doing the paper mache with me.
 Finished product! I have to say, Jim and I make a fantastic team. His artistic skills are awesome!!!
The birthday cake: Batman, Spiderman, Captain America. Huge thanks to my friend Bethany for introducing me to modeling chocolate. Never again will I work with fondant. Simply melt down white or milk chocolate, mix with corn syrup, and ta da! You have a clay-like substance that you can do just about anything with. I've already begun pondering cake ideas for Gemma's 3rd and Regan's 1st birthdays:) I still have a lot to learn, but I was pretty happy with my finished product.
 Birthday boys. (Jim made the piñata "whacker" too...)
 Squirt gun battles. These super soakers have been the source of hours of fun this summer.
 ...and Blake decides the hose is much more fun than a silly squirt gun!
 Before the kiddos demolished it:)
 Thankfully, I had done enough paper mache layers for each kid to have about 3 turns at bat. An all our mad dash for the candy when it finally broke apart.


 Birthday boy dads: Jim and Matty.
 Pretty sure Timmy and Rudy had one fantastic birthday party!

2 comments:

  1. I also find it hard to believe it's been five years. Wow.

    Beautiful pinata and cake. I love seeing your creations - and that an accountant can also be so left-brained creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find it hard to believe it's been five years. Wow.

    Beautiful pinata and cake. I love seeing your creations - and that an accountant can also be so left-brained creative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...