Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Riding without trainers...

You would think with how long Timmy has been sailing up and down the street on his Strider bike, that he would have taken to his new big kid bike immediately.  Seriously.  The kid has been able to balance on 2 wheels since nearly his 2nd birthday.  I guess what I failed to consider was how much larger...and heavier, his new bike is.  The first few days he could barely pedal up the hill.  Fast forward a couple weeks and he's zooming up and down the street, our sloped driveway, you name it.  But, with his trainers on.  He refused to take them off.  Honestly, I'm not sure if it's just a confidence issue, or that he's just still a wee bit too short for the seat heighth...which he have at the lowest possible setting.  Whatever the reason, the trainers stayed on.  Until last week when he met our new neighbors.

Ahhhh, nothing like a little peer pressure from the (incredibly nice) family that just moved in 2 houses down from us on our small culdesac.  (YES, I'll admit to being a fan of peer pressure in certain situations)  3 kids ages 9, 7, and 5.  The 5 year old still has her trainers on as well.  But let's just say a certain kid was amazed at some of the tricks the older kids could do on their bikes.  In less than an hour Timmy was, no joke, begging for the trainers to come off. 

As soon as Jim came home from work, he removed them.   I left for a quick workout, which in hindsight for the dumbest idea ever, because I totally missed watching Timmy ride for the first time without training wheels.  UGH!!!!  Seriously, I'm home with the kids 24/7 (apparently 23/7) and I miss this????  Thankfully the moment was captured on the iPhone. 

This kid is growing up way so fast:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ2Z2jrnu74

3 comments:

  1. I just heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :) www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say:) Thank you! Can I ask what GFC means? Somehow I have a feeling it's an acronym I should probably know. Off to check out your blog...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...