Monday, May 7, 2012

Gemma at 14 months...

Going back through my recent posts, I'm ashamed at how lopsided they are towards my little dude...

Gemma is 14 months now and a total spitfire!!!  And I mean that in the best possible way.  She's running (yes, running) all over the house now, wrestling with Timmy (their favorite activity together), and loves to dig in the dirt with big brother's trucks.  Such a tomboy!  And I couldn't be happier.  She is busy, busy, busy!

She's still not much of a talker.  Funny, because at this age Timmy had probably 20 words.  Gemma has him beat with the walking though.  She walked at 10 months...Timmy at 14.  The ONLY time of the day when she is snuggly is when we're reading books together or nursing.  Any book with trucks is a huge hit right now.  I give her a pile of about 10 to choose from and she climbs into my lap with this huge smile on her face like "Oh thank you Mommy...read to me!" and it melts my heart.  Yesterday Timmy tried to sit on my lap and read a book while she was playing with some balls.  Wow, the look she gave him was unreal!  In a flash, the balls were tossed aside and that little stinker was trying her hardest to push him out.  Whiny screaming on her part, laughter from Timmy. 

She's also a water lover.  Thank goodness for that!  It's in her blood though:)  As soon as dinner is over, she and Timmy practically race up the stairs for the bathtub.  She mimics him, attempting to blow bubbles with her face in the water and then laughs.  During Timmy's swim lessons, the other moms chuckle as I spend nearly the entire half hour pacing around the pool with her while she attempts a break away to dive in. 

Gemma is a crayon eater.  Maybe crayon inhaler is a better description.  These days it's a rarity when her diapers aren't multi-colored.  Yesterday it was pink and purple.  That kid must have a beacon sensor for crayons.  And wow, when she sees one, it's in her hands/mouth in a flash.  Timmy ate sand at this age.  I don't get it.  She won't eat a waffle to save her life, yet she looks at a crayon the way I look at an ice cream sundae.  Ugh...
What I love the most is the incredible bond I already see forming between her and Timmy.  Jim and I know we lucked out big time because (for the time being at least) those two are THICK AS THIEVES.  They do EVERYTHING together.  Timmy had the option of coming with me to get a little treat from our local bakery last week but turned it down because Gemma wasn't coming with us.  Every morning they wrestle in Timmy's bed.  At breakfast, Timmy has permanently moved his placemat next to Gemma.  They play Legos together, dirt in the dirt, splash in the bathtub, you name it.  Love. Love. Love.  I wonder how many years I'll get to enjoy this.

How lucky am I that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom??!!



2 comments:

  1. Your Family is Beautiful! Such Cute kiddos! Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you back :)

    Jeri
    Life Under Construction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You make me want to be a mom! I love it. And I nominated you for an award! Check it out! http://www.lovethegrows.com/2012/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...