Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm pretty ashamed at how far behind I am with this whole blogging thing.  What can I say?  Between Timmy's birthday, starting preschool, Halloween, Gemma CRAWLING!!!...and all the other "stuff" that seems to pop up, it's been pretty chaotic around the Voss house...and I mean that in the best possible way.

Soooooo, when I finally uploaded all these pictures, the order got all screwed up and I'm too lazy and time pressed to re-import, so here they are in no particular order.
Timmy on his first day of preschool at the Bainbridge Coop (BCNS). He was beyond excited to wear his dinosaur backpack (which he calls a "packpack") and about leaped out of the car when we showed up in the parking lot!
Standing in front of school on his first day.
And of course the dude makes a beeline for the construction area! Is it just me or is it super cool that his preschool has a bunch of random logs with hammers and nails for the kids to whack the crap out of???
Timmy and his morning preschool class, and his teacher Ms. Judy.  God bless a woman that can be a preschool teacher for over 30 years.  I don't think I'd have it in me!
Daddy and Gemma - she's about 6 months old here.
At Taylor's 2nd birthday party
Two of my new favorite mommy friends: Janel and Becky.  We all met up and walked around IslandWood (stunningly beautiful) with our kiddos.  Of course Nora and Sophie will happily ride about in the Ergo...NOT GEMMA!!!  Timmy, even now, would still jump at the chance to walk with mommy in the darn thing.  Gemma insists on looking out though, so for as long as my back can handle it, we'll sport the Bjorn.  I figure she's got another month or two until we switch to the Ergo, whether the little lady likes it or not.
Timmy and Taylor at IslandWood.
No big shocker here...one of Gemma's favorite things??!!  SWIMMING! We've been going on a regular basis since she was about 6 months old and of course she just loves it.  Have even taken her down the water slide a couple times:)
Daddy and Timmy at the end of the slide at the Bainbridge Aquatics Center
Grandma Nikki and Gemma (6months)
Another big favorite in the Voss house - bathtime! Gemma just loves taking her baths with big brother:)
Decorating pumpkins with Riley and Oliver in Portland.  I love that even though Ri and Timmy don't live near each other anymore, they have still stayed great pals:)
Timmy is definitely pumped about ski season!!! So am I!  He's all set to hit the slopes...new skis, boots, bindings, helmet, goggles, mittens, pants, and jacket.  He's already practicing "skiing" on the carpet around the house.
Afternoon walk at Fort Ward State Park on Bainbridge
Fort Ward State Park.  Love this place!  And it's only a couple minute drive from our house:)
Fort Ward
Pumpkin patch at Suyematsu Farms on Bainbridge
Getting ready to carve pumpkins:)
Carving pumpkins with Daddy
Two of the most adorable clowns ever! My mom is such an amazing seamstress.  (finally...I'm taking lessons!)
Trick or treating downtown Bainbridge
Ohanapecosh camping trip with the Randall family!
Timmy, Ri, and O feasting on Kellie's tasty chocolate chip pancakes!
Gemma's first camping trip - Ohanapecosh
We could not get Timmy away from the pressure washer when Jim was resealing the deck this summer.  He was like a demon with the darn thing!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMMY!!! 3 YEARS OLD! A heard of gold, you are a lover of all things construction and dirt, a total comedian, reading fanatic, milkasaurus, and I love you more than anything.
My best attempt at a dump truck birthday cake...

I think this might actually be our first family picture since Gemma was born
Jim w/ Gemma, Brian w/ Sophie, and John w/ Nora...afternoon BBQ at our place
Timmy loves to climb in Gemma's crib in the morning.  Cutest thing ever.
Daddy's little helper...working on the workshop/playhouse in the back yard

Gemma at 6 months.

I've blinked and suddenly Timmy's in preschool, Gemma is 8 months old and crawling all over the house (at 7 months)...pulling herself up to a stand and really wanting to cruise around.  Timmy's in swimming and gymnastics lessons now.  Even on the most unbearably long days (like yesterday when Timmy decided to wake Gemma up from her afternoon nap...twice) I absolutely LOVE that I have the opportunity stay home with my kids.  The next couple months are going to be just as crazy and fun as the last have been, complete with trips to Portland for Thanksgiving, California for Christmas/New Years, and 2 weeks in Maui again in late January/February.  So much to look forward to.  Sometimes I feel like I must be the luckiest girl in the world:)

2 comments:

  1. so glad you keep this blog, even if you don't update all the time. it's great to see you and the kids, all the fun you're having together. i might be going to a wedding on bainbridge next august -- i'd love to see if you if i don't swing by west before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, DEFINITELY!!! Please let me know the next time you're around...would LOVE to get together:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...