Friday, July 10, 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

I look forward to this trip all year long...our trip to our cabin in Forest Glen! When my mom was 6 years old, my grandparents signed a lease with the US Forest Service (back when they still did that kind of thing) to build a small cabin on the south fork of the Trinity River. My mom and her brother Tim (yes, my little man is named after him!) even carried up river rocks for the fireplace. It's my favorite place in the world and I love that it hasn't changed much in my 30 years. Nothing like Yosemite and Tahoe with all the crowds. The nearest town, Hayfork, is about 30 miles away, and has a populations of about 1,000 or so.

We spent 9 days there with my family and also one of my best friend's Traci. She married my mom's friend, Cindy's son, Korbe (who is like a 'big' brother to me...REALLY tall). All in all, it was quite the crowd and I cherished every second of it. Timmy seemed to thoroughly enjoy being the center of attention and hammed it up as much as possible. We ate like kings, my mom makes the best pancakes ever, and my brother in law, Tim (yes, another Tim) is an excellent chef. Between the 13 of us for breakfast alone, we went through 12 lbs of bacon, 11 dozen eggs, and 2.5 large Bisquick boxes. Kind of gross (but darn tasty!) now that I think about it. I've probably gained 5 pounds! We floated on the river, took Timmy for morning walks around the "loop" in our awesome Kelty carrier (thank you Susan!), and just enjoyed being together.

Yes, that's Timmy eating rocks. Those teeth are going to fall out anyway, so what do I care?
Timmy loves to ride on his Daddy's shoulders. What Daddy doesn't like is when Timmy tries to rip out his hair!
Bathtime! Lindsay and I took baths in this tub when we were little! I couldn't believe it that Timmy seemed to enjoy his baths in the sink better.
Come on now...you know my kid has the best facial expressions ever!
Floating on the river. Timmy wasn't diggin' the cold water the first couple days...by day 4 though, he couldn't get enough of it.

Floating with Grandma!

My sisters Lindsay and Erin, and Erin's boyfriend, Sean. Wish they lived closer to us...

BEFORE: chopping off Timmy little mullett...finally.

AFTER: not one pleased dude!


My family. We keep this Jeep at our cabin. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...