Monday, January 26, 2009

January milestones!

January has been a big month for our little man! Timmy has now mastered the art of sitting all on his own and is rolling over from his back to his tummy. It's amazing to me that at not quite 6 months, he's already so close to crawling. If I had to say one area where I would have hoped our progress would be greater is with the SLEEPING, or lack thereof. Little man is on a pretty strick nightime schedule: 6:15 bath, then nursing, read Goodnight Moon, and off to bed, usually by 7:00. Jim and I faithfully place him in his crib while he's still awake so that he can learn to fall asleep on his own. All this he does like a total champ! And then 10:00 rolls around...I think it's Timmy's witching hour. He's AWAKE. Do I sometimes feel guilty about the fact that I no longer go to his room to nurse him back to sleep? Yes. But do I believe he needs to learn to sleep longer, and, does Mommy need more sleep too? Yes! It's not like he's starving or anything, I mean, the kid is a total beefcake! And it's also not like 10:00 is the only time he decides it's "wakey time". It's not all that unusual for him to wake up again around 12:30 and 3:00. Thankfully though, he normally stays asleep then until 6:15 when I have to wake him up. I know one day Timmy will figure it out. I tell myself this so I don't go crazy.

Timmy got to visit with his Grandma Nikki last week! Mom and I took him to Right Start (best baby gear store!) and got him a new big boy convertible car seat, some spoons for the rice cereal we plan to start him on when he turns 6 months, sippie cups, you name it! I can't believe my boy is almost ready for solids!!! I don't know why I'm so excited about this but, I am.

I'll sign off for now by telling everybody that Jim won husband/daddy of the decade award for taking care of Timmy all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday while I recovered from the plague. Seriously, I couldn't keep any food down (don't worry, I won't get any more specific than that) and let's just say that trying to care for an infant when you can barely stand up is not a treat. But I managed to keep down half a bagel and a banana today and am feeling better. I'm going to bed tonight at 8:30 and hoping Timmy lets me get in, say, 6 hours of sleep before his nighttime snack???


I love this picture. Timmy is making this face all the time now, working on making "mmmm" sounds. Does this mean he'll say "momma" first??!!
Ahhh, bathtime! I swear this is Timmy's favorite time of the day. He can be full on raging but as soon as he hears us turn on the water, he's all smiles and shrieks.


I'll admit it...Jim does, by far, the better bath! He lets Timmy stand up in the sink so he can run his hands underneath the faucet, which he absolutely loves. I have some really cute pictures of it but let's say a certain husband isn't too thrilled about partial nudity pictures out on the internet.

Timmy and Grandma Nikki! Timmy looked so cute in this outfit. Too bad he had a major blowout about an hour after we dropped him at daycare and ended up spending the rest of the day in his pj's.

One of my best friends, Janel, came to see Timmy in early September and we went crazy at Gymboree with all the "dinosaur" themed stuff they had. He finally fits into everything. I just love the hat and socks. Too bad he's so stealthy at kicking them off.

My Mom made Timmy a Dr. Seuss themed Christmas stocking. This picture just doesn't do it justice. I know Timmy looks less than thrilled about it but I'm quite certain one day he'll realize how cool it is.

How can I possible care that I'm getting no sleep when I get these kinds of smiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...