Saturday, December 13, 2008

Timmy is 4 months old!!!

Timmy turned 4 months old on the 10th! Wow does time fly. We went to our 4 month checkup where Timmy weighed in at 15 pounds and 25 inches. So apparently I was way off on my estimate of 16 pounds! In fact, my little dude came in at pretty much average (according to the CDC charts) for both height and weight...a little surprising for me because people are always commenting on how big Timmy looks. All I know is that he gets cuter and more animated every day. He's trying so hard to crawl. Timmy can get his knees underneath himself and push his arms out in front on him but then gets extremely frustrated when he can't go anywhere! I try my hardest not to laugh at him but it is pretty funny.

Timmy really enjoys reading with us. In fact, he now likes to turn the pages with me when we read. His favorite, I think, is still the Belly Button Book, by Sandra Boynton. I think we have almost all of her books by now. Barnyard Dance is on regular rotation too. We're hoping to move onto Dr. Seuss soon as Timmy's attention span is a little longer now. And boy does this dude still love his bath time! I plan to get him some swim trunks soon so we can start going to the pool together in January. Ideally I'd like to get him signed up for the Mommy & Me swimming class in February or March.

We hit a major milestone, in my opinion at least, last Saturday when Timmy took his FIRST BOTTLE. It's not that we haven't been trying off and on for the last month, spending tons of money trying out different bottles that my man always refuses. Timmy can seriously be one stubborn boy. Everyone had told us that he wouldn't accept a bottle from me since I'm nursing so Jim had to be on the to do it. Well at the moment the only person Timmy will accept a bottle from is me! Obviously this totally defeats the purpose of the bottle but at least we're getting there. This might sound selfish but, this girl is really wanting to get Timmy more comfortable with this because it would be nice to every once in a while be able to leave Timmy for more than a couple hours for some personal time.

Timmy at work. We've got a crib and toys and of course his favorite Kick Gym (praise the inventor of that!) right next to my desk. Timmy gets to stay with me at Senior Services until he's 6 months old in February.
Can you tell how excited Timmy is that he's 4 months old today?

I'm constantly amazed at how strong Timmy is.


These are Timmy's favorite rings. He has since realized that he can bang them really hard on the counter and it makes a ton of noise! He also has us trained to constantly pick them up for him when he throws them down on the floor...




2 comments:

  1. I love the Timmy at Work pic!! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..little timmy is getting so big! i miss you and jim and hope to see you guys soon. perhaps after the busy holiday craziness..? That's really nice that you get to take timmy to work. it's probably gonna be so hard to leave him at day care once he's 6 months :( well, i know i probably won't see you before christmas so i just want to say merry christmas! hope the family has a great new year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...