Sunday, November 30, 2008

Well, it's been a busy couple weeks for us! I returned to work on November 12th...my leave went by way way way too fast. Senior Services has such a wonderful, family friendly, policy though, so I get to bring Timmy to work with me until he's 6 months old in February. All day now he is showered with attention from everyone in the office. If only he would be happier letting other people hold him occasionally...

Jim and I had a great Thanksgiving! We headed down to see my family in Grass Valley (near Tahoe) for the week. Timmy's Auntie Lindsay and Auntie Erin were both there and (I think) had a really fun time getting to hang out with their favorite nephew. I'm kicking myself that I didn't charge the camcorder before I left because I missed out on some really great footage of Lindsay and Erin "entertaining" Timmy with their dance moves. I'm positive that he already misses them. Everyone who knows our family knows that unfortunately for Timmy, his Mommy is definitely the tame one in the bunch.

Timmy's favorite thing to do right now is stand. My boy's got strong legs! Obviously he can't do this on his own but honestly, all he needs is a little support (mostly for balance) and he's one happy camper! Jim and I put him in his Johnny Jump Up this morning (now that he's sturdy enough for it) but he didn't enjoy it too much. At this point I think he's just a little unsure of what to do in it. I have no doubts though that as soon as he figures out what a cool toy it is, he'll scream with delight every time we place him in it.

Timmy has his 4 month checkup on December 10th. If he doesn't weigh close to 16 pounds, I would be surprised. Occasionally he's sleeping through the night but more often he still wakes up at least once. No complaints from this girl though! Once or twice is a massive improvement from the 4+ times a couple months ago.

Here's a funny video of Timmy that my friend Laura from work made on jibjab.com:
It takes a while to load, so be patient.




Timmy after his evening bath. He gives this facial expression A LOT!

Getting ready to put up the Christmas tree at Grandma Nikki's


Jim and I take Timmy for a walk everyday, rain or shine. Auntie Lindsay wanted to wear the Baby Bjorn though!

Timmy has a new found love for this yellow duck.

Playing with Grandma!

This picture just doesn't do justice...Auntie Lindsay did a wonderful job of keeping Timmy entertained over Thanksgiving.


Timmy and I in front of the Christmas tree at Grandma Nikki's.





1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, just got your Christmas photo in the mail; thanks for the link! You guys look like a very happy family.

    Little Timmy is quickly turning into big Timmy! What a cute guy.

    Anyway, wish you all the best.

    -Jesse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...